- This event has passed.
Cheese Room Sessions: Pleasant Ridge Reserve Selection
Monday, April 19, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm$8.00 – $26.00
Cheese Room Sessions is a virtual event series of conversations hosted by Deli cheesemonger Sean Hartwig, with special guest cheese makers and professionals who will talk about their delicious creations and ramble about life in the dairy business. In this month’s session, Sean will be joined by Andy Hatch, owner and head cheesemaker at Uplands Cheese, a grassland dairy located in the driftless region of southwestern Wisconsin and maker of the signature Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese.
In this virtual tasting event, you will learn a bit more about the dairy and cheesemaking and also HELP US MAKE OUR SELECTION of Pleasant Ridge Reserve from last year’s wheels! Andy and Sean will guide you through 6 different batches of cheese and you’ll provide us with some valuable feedback that will help us choose which batch we want to buy and sell over for the next year.
We have a very special relationship with this cheesemaker, and this annual spring event with Andy to select the wheels that will represent Zingerman’s Pleasant Ridge profile is something we look forward to each year. We started years ago and made a big leap in our cheese buying to acquire one whole day’s worth of Uplands production–about 50 wheels. We are currently able to buy almost 250 wheels, or roughly four day’s worth of Upland efforts.
This cheese has won more awards than any other cheese in American history! It is made in the tradition of Alpine cheeses like Gruyere, and like other European Alpage cheeses, Uplands only makes Pleasant Ridge from May through October, when their cows are eating fresh pasture. We hope you will join us and take part in this our annual tradition.
YOUR $25 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- Zoom meeting link
- A tasting kit with 7 different samples of Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese–6 batches from 2020 in their youthful stage (one of which will become Zingerman’s chosen cheese for the next year!) and a sample of the current cheese on our Deli counter so you can compare the flavor profiles (additional tasting kits can be purchased for $15 each)
- An evening of learning and great conversation with Deli cheesemonger Sean Hartwig and Uplands Cheesemaker Andy Hatch
- A 20% off coupon to use at our online at zcob.me/deligrocery after the tasting
MULTIPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR TASTING KIT:
- Pick up at the Deli (FREE)
- Ann Arbor Delivery ($8)
- 2 Day Shipping to anywhere in the US ($21) – must order by Wed 4/14 for shipping
- The Zoom link will be mailed to you at least 2 days before the event
- Your tasting kits will be ready for pickup or delivery the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information.
- Shipped tasting kits will arrive no later than the day of the event.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]