This is my very favorite cookie recipe! They turn out great when you use ordinary grocery store flours and spices, but are UNBELIEVABLE when you use quality spices and vanilla, like the ones we sell at Zingerman's Deli. I also love making these cookies with the All Purpose Flour from Zingerman's Bakehouse. - Bea, Specialty Foods Manager
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice
- Cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Then molasses.
- In thirds, add dry ingredients to wet, mixing between additions. Wrap in plastic, chill 30 minutes up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat an oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 2" balls of dough, roll in sugar. Place on baking sheets 2-3" apart, flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on racks.