Staff BBQ Chicken Recipe
From our friends at Épices de Cru!
This blend is made up using 22 different spices, so there is almost no need to add much else to this combination for it to be delicious. It is an all-purpose spice blend which is equally great for grilling vegetables; simply oil them lightly before adding salt and spices. Baby new potatoes or grilled zucchinis, with a side of delicious roasted BBQ chicken anyone?
BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 1 chicken (1.5kg / 3 ½ lb)
- 2 Tbsp Staff BBQ, ground
- 1 Tbsp salt
- To glaze the chicken
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Rub the chicken inside and out with the salt and spices. Set aside in a cool place or refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Light only one side of the BBQ, close the cover and heat to (350°-375°F). Place the chicken on the unlit side of the grill and cook for 1 hour, checking periodically.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. When the chicken is almost cooked, coat with the glaze, using a brush. Reduce the heat and let cook for another 15 minutes.