A quick and easy roasted pepper and cumin quesadilla recipe from our friends at Épices de Cru. A great showcase of the power of a single spice!
Recipe and photo courtesy of our friends at Épices de Cru
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1½ tsp chile pasilla de Oaxaca, ground
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (opt.)
- 2 tsp cumin, roasted and ground
- ½ block (about 125 g) Oaxaca cheese, or other melty cheese, sliced
- 2 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- Oil for frying
- Slice the avocado in two, remove the seed, and squeeze the flesh into a medium bowl. Add the juice, salt, ground chile, and garlic.
- Smash and blend with a fork until it is your desired consistency.
- Set aside (cover in plastic if you plan to wait more than 20 minutes so it does not brown).
- Place ½ of the sliced cheese on one of the tortillas. Sprinkle on 1 tsp. cumin and fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium-high. Add the folded quesadilla and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, until crispy.
- Repeat for the second tortilla.