This Mexican recipe deliciously combines jicama with pineapple, lime juice and chiles. In its native Mexico, jicama (aka: ‘Mexican Yam’) is often combined with chili powder, fresh citrus fruits, red onion and ginger in salads, soups and cooked dishes. Recipe courtesy of Épices de Cru
- 1 small pineapple peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 medium jicama peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Pasilla de Oaxaca or any smoked chile
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients and mix well.
- Check seasoning and adjust to your taste with more lime juice, chili powder or salt.