- ½ lb Raclette cheese
- ½ lb Tarentais cheese
- 18 fresh figs, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsbp cornstarch
- 4 tsbp honey
- 2 oz Fig Vinegar
- tellicherry peppercorns & nutmeg to taste
- Into a large bowl, add the three grated cheeses and the cornstarch.
- Mix or toss well so that the cheese is coated with the cornstarch.
- Over a moderately high heat, bring the wine to simmer in a large saucepan/pot.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to moderately low.
- Add in the cheese a little at a time, stirring CONSTANTLY. (If there is fat separation in the fondue, whisk in 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch slurry)
- After the last of the cheese has been added, add in the lemon juice and add fig vinegar.
- Add nutmeg and peppercorns to taste.
- Continue to stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Very carefully, pour the fondue into your fondue pot (set over the burner) and serve immediately.
- Dip Figs into Fondue and enjoy!