Bread, Bagels, Pretzels and Rolls
After getting tired of driving to Detroit to pick up the only good rye bread we could find in Michigan in the 80s, we started baking our own bread at Zingerman’s Bakehouse on the south side of Ann Arbor in 1992. We did this because great bread really does make a difference. It’s an essential ingredient for making a great sandwich. Years later we started making traditional bagels with a crust worthy of being called ‘crust’, not a doughy version of a bagel that you find rampant in these parts. But a real bagel, with a hole in the center that’s big enough to fit your thumb; something that you usually only find on the East coast or in New York City. Swing by the Bread Box and take home a loaf of fresh bread or real bagels baked daily.
Products We're Featuring
Zingerman’s Bakehouse Bread Special:
Crisp, crackly crust, moist honeycombed interior and the trademark sour tang that will tickle your tongue.
- Somodi Kálacs – 2/3 & 2/4
- Lemon Poppyseed Coffeecake – 2/2-2/5
- S’more Tarts – 2/10-2/12
- Chocolate Challah bread – 2/10 & 2/11
- Chocolate cherry bread – 2/13 & 2/14
- Chocolate Dipped Palmiers – 2/13/2017
- Peppered Bacon Farm – 2/17 & 2/18
- Almond Poundcake – 2/16-2/19
- Margaret’s Sweet Wheat – 2/24 & 2/25
- Paczki – 2/28/2017 – Pre-order yours today!