Bread, Bagels, Pretzels and Rolls
After getting tired of driving to Detroit to pick up the only good rye bread we could find in Michigan in the 80s, we started baking our own bread at Zingerman’s Bakehouse on the south side of Ann Arbor in 1992. We did this because great bread really does make a difference. It’s an essential ingredient for making a great sandwich. Years later we started making traditional bagels with a crust worthy of being called ‘crust’, not a doughy version of a bagel that you find rampant in these parts. But a real bagel, with a hole in the center that’s big enough to fit your thumb; something that you usually only find on the East coast or in New York City. Swing by the Bread Box and take home a loaf of fresh bread or real bagels baked daily.
Products We're Featuring
A seasonal favorite! This dense loaf, packed with dried cranberries and toasty pecans, spreads good cheer. Slice thin and serve with a cheese board. Gift it to your Grandma. Make the most simply sublime cinnamon sugar toast. The list goes on!
Zingerman’s Bakehouse Special Bakes:
- Cranberry Pecan – Everyday Dec.
- Celebration Wreaths – Every Friday-Sunday Dec.
- Olive Oil Cake – Everyday Dec.
- Stollen – Everyday Dec.
- Walnut Beigli – Every Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat Dec.
- Pepper Bacon Farm – 11/30 & 12/1
- Pumpernickel Raisin – 12/7 & 12/8
- Chocolate Cherry, Pain de Montagne, Chestnut baguette – 12/21-12/23
- Black Olive Farm – 12/28 & 12/29
- Champagne & Strawberries Stuffed Cupcakes – 12/31 & 1/1