- This event has passed.
Meet The Maker: Vegetarian Dinner with Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.
Tuesday, September 26, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$55.00
This event will take place IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Greyline!
Join us for a special vegetarian dinner at Zingerman’s Greyline in celebration of the delicious cheeses from Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.! Bob and Dean Giacomini started their farm on Tomales Bay in California in 1959 when they established a herd and started making milk to sell to the local creamery. Fast forward to the year 2000 when their 4 daughters returned to the area to transition the business into an artisan farmstead cheesemaking facility with a focus on sustainability, technique and flavor. They say that their recipes rely on science but the true difference in their cheese comes from the craft, patience and inspiration of their cheesemakers.
We invite you to Meet the Maker and welcome Erin Clancy, Midwest Sales and Business Development Manager to Ann Arbor to enjoy a cheese-focused menu inspired by the Italian heritage of the Giacomini family and to hear the story of the dairy and their delicious cheeses. Erin will be in conversation with our Deli cheese buyer Scott Evans and our Deli Event Coordinator Tessie Ives-Wilson. You’ll enjoy a 3-course dinner with 5 dishes inspired by the cheeses of Point Reyes, including the first cheese they started making back in 2000: the Original Blue, a classic California style blue cheese that is rindless, all-natural and gluten-free. Our menu includes a non-alcoholic punch created exclusively for this event and a cash bar.
Our menu is vegetarian; it also includes gluten and nuts.
YOUR $55 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- A 3-course vegetarian menu created
- Non-alcoholic drink options, including a punch created exclusively for this event
- Note: there will be a cash bar option for the evening
- A wealth of information and great conversation with Erin from Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.
- A 20% off coupon to use to shop our Specialty Foods grocery area after the tasting
- Please include any allergy or other dietary needs in the field provided
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]