Michigan Cheese & Dairy Guild Happy Hour
Thursday, January 18, 2024 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$45.00
This event will take place IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Delicatessen!
For over two decades now, a burgeoning, but loosly-bound cheesemaking community has been bubbling underground here in Michigan. We’re proud to announce that the newly formed The Michigan Cheese and Dairy Guild has begun the intrepid work of forging social and economic bonds between the milkers, makers, mongers, and munchers of dairy products across the Great Lakes State! The Michigan Cheese and Dairy Guild is a diverse group of cheese makers, farmers, retailers, restaurateurs, foodies, and enthusiasts with a mission to promoting the prosperity of the Michigan food and tourism industry, with a special focus on supporting the local artisan cheese and dairy economy. Zingerman’s Deli is a member of the Guild and excited to offer this meet & greet happy hour for our community to mix & mingle with other lovers of lactose. This is an opportunity for all of us to get together with founding members of the Guild, as well as to sample some of their finest creations. Bring a friend (a Lactaid, if you need it) and socialize and nosh with us here at the Deli as we seek to expand our community and understanding of the network that is integral to the folks that live in our state and (literally) bring a lot to the table. There will be samples of alcoholic beverages at this event, so it is only for cheese lovers 21+.
A PORTION OF THE TICKET PRICE WILL BE DONATED TO THE GUILD TO SUPPORT THEIR WORK
Please note: This event includes dairy and gluten. Can be made gluten-free on request.
YOUR $45 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- Five samples of Michigan-made cheese, along with samples of Michigan-made libations and plenty of snacks!
- An evening of learning and great conversation
- Support for the non-profit Michigan Cheese and Dairy Guild
- A 20% off coupon to use at the Deli or on our online at shop.zingermansdeli.com after the tasting
- Please include any allergy or other dietary needs in the field provided
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]