- This event has passed.
Friendseder™ Community Brunch
Sunday, April 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$10.00 – $65.00
You can participate in this event IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Delicatessen or VIRTUALLY via Zoom from anywhere in the country!
We are very excited to be partnering with Rabbi Jeff Stombaugh and Detroit area The Well to introduce you to their Friendseder™ experience. Friendseder™ is to Passover what Friendsgiving is to Thanksgiving and we invite you to join us at this Friendseder™ Brunch to learn more (and eat some delicious food)!
The Well is a Detroit area non-profit with a mission to create and foster an accessible, inclusive and relationship-driven community. They use Jewish wisdom and rituals to help foster community, but you don’t have to be Jewish to join the community! Friendseder™ welcomes everyone to the table to learn about Passover rituals and traditions, but also encourages you to make it your own!
We have worked with Rabbi Jeff to create a very special Friendseder™ brunch menu–bringing you traditional elements of the Passover Seder, like matzo and charoset, but in a fun and exciting new way. As imagined by Rabbi Jeff, Friendseder™ officially exists in the space between Purim and the start of Passover, so is unconstrained from strictly abstaining from hametz (leavened bread) or following other Kosher for Passover traditions. Our brunch menu is inspired by the Seder plate and will include dishes like Yemenite Charoset Parfait, Beet Deviled Eggs and Indian Spiced Lamb Meatballs.
Your hosts for the brunch will be Zingerman’s Event Coordinator Tessie Ives-Wilson, The Well’s Executive Director Rabbi Jeff Stombaugh. Together, they will lead you on a guided tour of this special menu–the tastes, products, ingredients, meaning, ritual, and traditions. To make this event as inclusive and as accessible as possible, you can join us in person at Zingerman’s Delicatessen OR virtually on Zoom. Each event ticket also includes a Friendseder™ box, with your very own instructional Haggadah so that you can repeat the Friendseder™ experience at home with friends and family. The Well believes that costs should not be a barrier to participation. Please contact Marisa Meyerson ([email protected]) for more information on subsidized ticket options.
18% of ticket sales will be donated to support Friendseder™.
2 ways to participate in our Friendseder™ Brunch:
YOUR $65 IN PERSON EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- A guided Friendseder™ tasting and learning experience with Zingerman’s Delicatessen and The Well AT THE DELICATESSEN
- A 6 course brunch menu inspired by the Seder plate and some of our favorite products (COME HUNGRY, also includes beverages!)
- A Friendseder™ box for you to take home and enjoy with your friends and family. Each box includes a Haggadah booklet; Friendseder™ branded shot glasses (4), tea towel, and hand sanitizer; and a 4.6oz bag of chocolate matzo toffee from Mahtzee (Retail value of the box is $29, additional boxes can be purchased at shop.zingermansdeli.com)
- A 20% off coupon to use to shop our Specialty Foods grocery area after the tasting
YOUR $50 VIRTUAL EVENT EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Zoom meeting link so you can tune in at home to our guided Friendseder™ tasting and learning experience with Zingerman’s Delicatessen and The Well
- A tasting kit for 1 person that includes a 6 course brunch menu inspired by the Seder plate and some of our favorite products, plus ingredients and instructions to prepare beverages at home (additional kits can be added to your ticket for $35 each)
- A Friendseder™ box for you to take home and enjoy with your friends and family. Each box includes a Haggadah booklet; Friendseder™ branded shot glasses (4), tea towel, and hand sanitizer; and a 4.6oz bag of chocolate matzo toffee from Mahtzee (Retail value of the box is $29)
- A 20% off coupon to use at shop.zingermansdeli.com after the event
MULTIPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR TASTING KIT:
- Pick up at the Deli (FREE)
- Pick up in West Bloomfield, location TBD (FREE)
- Ann Arbor Delivery ($10)
- US Shipping ($39) – SOLD OUT
- The Zoom link will be mailed to you at least 2 days before the event
- Pickup at the Deli: Your tasting kits will be ready for pickup the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information.
- Ann Arbor Delivery: Your tasting kits will be delivered to you the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information.
- Pickup in West Bloomfield: Your tasting kits will be ready for pickup the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information, including the exact pickup location and time.
- If you choose shipping, your kit will arrive the day before or the day of the event.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]