A RECIPE FROM teapigs
As much as teapigs loves a good cuppa, they are more than aware that sometimes you just need something a little bit stronger, like tea and rum! They have shared one of their favorite (or rather, “favourite”) tea-based cocktail recipes with us…because let’s face it, the only thing that can elevate tea to even greater heights, is the addition of our good pal, booze. So, whether you’re tucked up on the sofa with a movie or throwing a holiday bash, we think this teapigs tea toddy will become your new best winter companion in no time.
- Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 2 Spiced Winter Red Tea sachets in a sauce pan. Brew for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of fruit juice (we like orange or pineapple).
- Add 3/4 cup of ginger beer and 3.5 oz of spiced dark rum.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Try not to boil.
- Garnish with some orange, sliced ginger, star anise or a cinnamon stick (If you’re feeling super festive, use all 4!)
Tea and rum not your thing? Check out these other tea cocktail recipes!
Want to learn more about our teapigs? Visit their website.