From our friends at Épices de Cru!
The ingredients in the salad dressing seem surprising, but trust us: toasted cumin, fish sauce, cilantro and Merken is a delightful combination.
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cup cooked corn kernels
- ½ cup black or red beans
- ¼ lime juice
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Merken
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- First, make the dressing. Place lime juice, scallions, coriander, fish sauce and merken in a bowl.
- Toast cumin in a small pan until fragrant. Stir into the dressing then incorporate the oil.
- Roast pepper in oven on broil until the skin is blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with a plate. Let stand 10 minutes and skin the pepper.
- Dice the pepper. Add remaining ingredients to the dressing. Stir well and let rest 20 minutes before serving.