Spice of the Month Recipe: Berbere Sautéed Chicken
From our friends at Épices de Cru!
A near-infinitely modifiable recipe, in which almost any easy-to-sauté ingredient can be substituted for the chicken: meat, fish, or vegetables.
- 4 Tbsp clarified butter
- 2 onions, chopped medium
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb deboned chicken
- 1 Tbsp Royal Berbere or Ethiopian Berbere, ground
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chives or scallion, chopped
- Slice chicken into ½-inch x ½-inch x 1-inch strips. Heat a large pan on medium-high. Add clarified butter, onion, and garlic. Sauté 1-2 minutes until they begin to cook.
- Add chicken and Berbere. Sauté 1 minutes. Salt, add white wine, and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Incorporate chives and serve.