A little salad or condiment that’s quick and goes great with meat or grilled fish.
Recipe courtesy of Épices de Cru
- 2 medium carrots
- 1piece of daikon radish, about 6-inches
- 1 small English cucumber
- 1 Tbspsea salt
- 4 Tbspsesame seeds, toasted
- 6scallions, minced
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cuprice vinegar
- 3 Tbspsesame oil
- 1 Tbspmaple syrup (opt.)
- 3 tsp Korean pepper or Aleppo pepper
- Peel carrots and daikon. Slice into ¼-inch rounds.
- Cube cucumber.
- Place in a salad bowl. Add salt and massage for about 1 minute to tenderize the vegetables.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Discard the juice that collects at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Let stand at least 10 minutes or longer.
- This salad lasts a few days in the fridge, and makes a great condiment.