Masala mo poro: Indian Omelette Recipe
Simple, delicious and ready in less than 5 minutes! Alongside a small salad, this omelette makes a perfect brunch or light meal.
Recipe courtesy of Épices de Cru
- ½ tsp cumin, coarsely ground
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp ghee or vegetable oil and butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients, except ghee, in a bowl.
- Place an anti-adhesive, 10 inch pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the ghee.
- Vigorously beat eggs and vegetables for 15 seconds. Pour the blend into the pan. Mix using a spatula for a few seconds to seize the eggs. Spread the ingredients evenly in the pan to make the omelet.
- Using your hand sprinkle a few drops of water on the sides of the pan to create steam. Cover immediately for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the omelet is cooked to your taste.
- Serve with chutney or lime wedges.