Spring Salad with Poached Eggs Recipe
This is the perfect salad which allows us to take full advantage of the first spring vegetable harvest. We prefer not to mix the ingredients before serving – one of the charms of this recipe is the contrasting tastes and textures of the various ingredients. Serve accompanied by a chilled glass of white wine and fresh bread!
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 pack asparagus
- 4 radishes sliced
- 1 cup fiddleheads, blanched ***
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar of choice or lemon juice
- Balinese Fleur de sel
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Wash and drain spinach. Place on a large serving dish.
- Break off the tough sections of asparagus. Slice raw asparagus into ½ inch thick pieces at an angle.
- Poach the eggs for 7 min in a large pot of water that is almost at the boiling point.
- Place asparagus, radishes, fiddleheads, eggs and chives on the spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil and then with vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve without mixing.
*** Wash the fiddleheads in a large basin of water. Cut off the brown tips. Boil in a large pot of salted water for 6-7 min. Rinse well in cold water. Drain.
Recipe adapted from Épices de Cru