photo courtesy of Spice Trekkers
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups diced canned pineapple, drained
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Silk Road Blend, ground
- ¼ lb butter
- ¼ lb cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A little cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the pineapple and carrots. Mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the sifted dry ingredient mixture to the first mixture little by little, alternating with the oil.
- Pour into two 9 x 9 pans and bake for 1 hour.
- While the cake is cooking, stir all the icing ingredients together, adding a little milk or cream according to the desired consistency.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before taking them out of the pans.
- Ice the first cake with icing, and finish the remaining icing on the second cake.
- Cut yourself a slice, sit back, and kick up your feet and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Épices de Cru