- 1 lb 1YR Grafton Cheddar, grated
- ½ lb Adelegger, grated
- 2 cups Lager beer, room temp.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 oz lemon juice
- tellicherry black pepper, to taste
- Into a large bowl, add the grated cheeses and the cornstarch/
- Mix or toss well so that the cheese is coated with the cornstarch.
- Over a moderately high heat, bring the lager beer to simmer in a large saucepan/pot.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to moderately low.
- Add in the cheese a little at a time, stirring* CONSTANTLY.(If there is fat separation in the fondue, whisk in 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch slurry)
- After the last of the cheese has been added, add in the dry mustard, lemon juice, and peppercorn to the fondue.
- Continue to stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Very carefully, pour the fondue into your fondue pot (set over the burner) and serve immediately.