- This event has passed.
Meet the Maker: Dinner and Wine with SolSummit
Tuesday, April 18, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$65.00
This event will take place IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Greyline!
Join us for a special wine-focused dinner at Zingerman’s Greyline in celebration of the launch and expansion of SolSummit, an Ann Arbor-based, woman-owned company making premium, portable wines. Throughout your three-course meal, you’ll get to enjoy all three of SolSummit’s certified-sustainable and certified green wines—the zesty California Rosé, the fruit-forward California Sauvignon Blanc, and the award-winning California Red Blend—and learn about them straight from owner Emily Dabish Yahkind.
An avid runner and hiker (and wine lover), Emily wanted to create a product that was easy to consume outdoors and did right by the planet. (Emily is also the Michigan director of CIV:LAB, a grantmaking network that channels funds to projects focused on mitigating climate change.) She partnered with a fourth-generation family vineyard in Clarksburg, California, near Napa Valley with a shared passion for sustainability. The grapes are grown with responsible irrigation practices and local cover crops; the wines are vegan, low intervention, and free of artificial additives. The canned format makes it convenient to enjoy anywhere, it also protects the wine from light and oxidation, and is estimated to reduce emissions from shipping by up to 80%.
YOUR $65 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- 3 wine selections from SolSummit
- A 3-course menu created by Deli Chef Bill Wallo (vegetarian options by request, please make a note at checkout)
- A wealth of information and great conversation with Emily from SolSummit
- A 20% off coupon to use to shop our Specialty Foods grocery area after the tasting
- Please include any allergy or other dietary needs in the field provided
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]