- This event has passed.
Saturday, September 30, 2023 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$35.00
This event will take place IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Deli!
Join us for Chocolate 101–a class where you learn everything you need to know about chocolate! Learn the origins of cacao, the history of chocolate, how chocolate is made bean-to-bar, how to taste chocolate using all your senses and the difference between artisan chocolate and grocery store brands.
Zingerman’s Next Door Café’s chocolate corner offers a full spectrum of all things cacao from the traditional to the avant-garde. Our Chocolate Specialist Jennie B constantly curates our offerings, which has expanded over the past few years to include products from Hungary and Iceland, and continues to offer some of our longtime favorites, like Askinose and Michigan’s Grocer’s Daughter. We keep up on the latest news in chocolate and stay in close touch with our vendors to make sure we are always bringing you new and noteworthy offerings.
We think this event would be perfect for a variety of audiences! Grab your bestie, sister or cousin or bring the whole family for fun night of sweet learning! Each ticket includes a 20% off coupon and you’ll get VIP after hours access to shop after the event.
Please note: Many chocolate makers work with nuts, so if nut sensitivities are a concern, please let us know so we can check-in with you in advance of this event!
YOUR $35 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- A wealth of information and an evening of great conversation with Deli Chocolate Specialist Jennie B.
- A guided tasting of 6-8 chocolate samples that show off the variety & range of chocolate
- A 20% off coupon to use to shop our Specialty Foods grocery area after the tasting
- Please include any allergy or other dietary needs in the field provided
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]