- 1 package Al Dente Straw and Hay Pasta
- 6 oz Pancetta, diced
- 1 large Cooking Onion, diced
- 1 quart Fresh Peas or 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano, or other fresh herbs, chopped
- If using fresh peas, shell them from the pods and blanche them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
Place the peas in cold water when done, then drain.
- On a medium-low heat, begin cooking the pancetta in a saucepan, until the fat renders.
- Add the onions, cooking until translucent and pancetta gets crisp.
- Add cooked or frozen peas and chicken stock.
- Cover after it comes to a boil, then turn to medium-low for 10 minutes, or until frozen peas have cooked.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Test after 3 minutes. Drain.
- Toss hot pasta, add pancetta, onions, and peas. Garnish with oregano and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!