- This event has passed.
Tins of Fins: An Introduction to Great Tinned Fish
Sunday, March 12, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$30.00
This event will take place IN PERSON at Zingerman’s Delicatessen!
Our Deli Specialty Food staff thinks tinned fish is a pantry’s ultimate secret weapon. For many the phrase “tinned fish” conjures a somewhat sad tuna salad or tuna noodle casserole from their childhood. We think tinned fish are fabulous–rich in protein, omega-3’s and full-flavored goodness, tinned seafood preserves the ocean’s best at the peak of flavor and quality. Tinned fish is not only a delicious, healthy choice, it’s also supremely sustainable, ultra portable and easy to store. Join our fish aficionado Kevin B. for Tins of Fins: An Introduction to Great Tinned Fish and dive into the vast history of tinned fish, the variety of types and flavors and how we use tinned fish in a variety of dishes.
This class is perfect for those curious to explore the delights of great tinned fish. We hope to turn you into a so-fish-ticated and and educated eater and send you home with a couple of easy to execute ideas for working more tinned fish into your weekly kitchen repertoire.
YOUR $30 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- A wealth of information and an afternoon of great conversation with Specialty Foods fish monger Kevin
- A guided tasting that includes 6-7 samples of tinned fish, crackers, and 1-2 accompaniments from our pantry & kitchen
- A 20% off coupon to use to shop our Specialty Foods grocery area or online grocery site after the tasting
- Please include any allergy or other dietary needs in the field provided
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]