- This event has passed.
Meet the Maker: Hebel & Co Free Halva Tasting
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmFree – $8.00
“Hebel & Co is family-owned and -operated. As such, each halva we make begins with a sophisticated scientific process known as kvetching and kvelling.” – Hebel & Co
Please join us for this FREE halva tasting event! Halva, or halvah, halwa, or any number of other spellings is a delicious confection that originated in the Middle East, typically made with a sesame or nut base. We’re particularly smitten with the flaky, cottony, crispy, airy, melt-on-your-tongue lusciousness of the halva from Hebel & Co. The Hebel & Co Family handcrafts their halva in Los Angeles, CA with organic ingredients, no preservatives, and no artificial flavors. They suggest the best way to eat their halva is to PUT IT ON EVERYTHING and we are big fans of their Instagram account where they share all of their ideas!
If you aren’t familiar with halva or you’ve never eaten a piece that makes you describe halva as a “mouthwatering hootenanny”, then this tasting is for you! We’ll be joined by Scott Hebel, founder of Hebel & Co. who will share his love of halva–the history of his company, the products they make, and some ideas of how to use them. Thanks to the generosity of Hebel & Co, we are offering this virtual tasting event FOR FREE! The first 150 people in the Ann Arbor area to sign up snagged some FREE samples to taste along!
Sign up for the Zoom link and tune in from anywhere to learn more about this product!
DUE TO OVERWHELMING INTEREST, WE ARE SOLD OUT OF FREE TASTING KITS!
YOUR FREE EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- Zoom meeting link
- An evening of learning and great conversation with Deli Co-Managing Partner Grace Singleton and Hebel & Co’s Scott Hebel
- A tasting kit that includes 3 different flavors of halva to sample–chocolate, vanilla and a surprise flavor specially selected by Scott – WE ARE SOLD OUT!
- A 20% off coupon to use at our online at zcob.me/deligrocery after the tasting
- The ability to tune in from anywhere! You do not need to be in Ann Arbor to listen in to the conversation!
- The Zoom link will be mailed to you the day before the event
- Your tasting kits will be ready for pickup or delivery the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]