Chocolates & Sweets
Products We're Featuring
Jennie’s Wow-Worthy Picks for Mother’s Day
Flip the word “Mom” upside-down and you get “Wow!” – It’s no wonder, because wow, moms are outta this world! Our shelves are filled with mom-thrilling confections and as always, we are ready to assist you in finding the perfect gift. Dote on mom with a customized box of unique truffles, bonbons and caramels selected from our diverse offerings from near and far, traditional to wild. You’ll find Next Door staff ready to offer suggestions and share how they are spoiling their moms this Mother’s Day. Need some gift ideas? See Jennie’s gift recommendations for making mom’s day a little sweeter.
A trio of great chocolate bars from high-quality cacao co-ops led by women!
- The Amazonia Bar comes from Ecuador, down near the Peruvian border. The farmer group is led by Monica Guaman (a picture of whom you can see on the label of the bar). Monica’s family has been growing and harvesting cocoa for generations. Long, super-clean finish, like a big red wine.
- The Tanzania Dark Bar comes from a cooperative chaired by Mamma Mpoki (you can see her on the front of that bar). The chocolate is incredible! Rich, marvelously mellow and intense at the same time, smooth and succulent. A chocolate to go back to over and over again.
- From the Tanzania co-op—it’s the Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Bar that shows you what all other peanut butter and dark chocolate combos could be! Delicious!
Butter up mom with an indulgent Michigan-made classic with simple ingredients (chocolate, pecans, butter and sugar!) mixed to create a sublime texture. With its addictive balance of salty and sweet, mom might need another bag.
This bar may be innocently wrapped in subdued brown paper, but it’s really a show stopper! A rich dark chocolate bar filled to bursting with smooth pistachio nut butter and dotted with roasted pistachios. A perfect dessert for Mother’s Day brunch or accompaniment with coffee.
For the milk chocolate loving mom, nothing can be better than this creamy milk chocolate bar with large cashews, sprinkled with fleur de sel and pure cane sugar, roasted to golden brown perfection and combined with creamy milk chocolate. Come on in and try them all!
For the mom who loves dark chocolate, this bar is it!! This new bar by Grocer’s Daughter is a dairy-free dark chocolate bar filled with creamy black tahini and sweetened with local star thistle honey.
For the mom who likes her dark chocolate unadulterated, we suggest these bars crafted in a small factory in the Mission District of San Francisco using a simple recipe––just single origin cocoa beans & sugar, which highlight the flavor nuances of the beans. We love the berry notes of the Madagascar bar and the brownie-like quality of the Tanzania bar. The offerings rotate, so check out Zingerman’s Next Door Café to try a taste of our selection!
These hand painted Avant-garde bars by Joan at Chocolat Moderne are actually nine little bonbons masquerading as a chocolate bar. Each chocolate section is filled to the brim with various caramels or ganaches. We have a rotating cast of flavors, but a few of our most popular are the Lover (passion fruit caramel with cardamom) and Berries & Lavender Caramel.
Delight your mom with a special custom box of handmade truffles. With combinations of bright citrus, fruity florals and fresh and spicy herbal flavors to dazzle your palate, made by local chocolatiers.
- Sweet Gem Confections – Beautifully crafted by Nancy Biehn here in Ann Arbor made exclusively for Zingerman’s; champagne hearts, mango coconut rum, mint milk chocolate, pecan bourbon balls and more!
- Chocolate in Chelsea – Delicious hand made truffles by Cathy Selin here in Ann Arbor. Spring flavor options of mojito, strawberry balsamic, fresh basil & lemon zest, Provence and more!
- Grocer’s Daughter – local lavender, garden fresh rosemary, dark chocolate & peanut butter and more!
Inspired by their passion for Mexican chocolate traditions, Taza hand-carves granite millstones to make these rustic, organic dark Mexican style chocolate discs bursting with bright tastes and gloriously gritty textures. These stone ground chocolates are seriously good and fair for all. Flavors include Vanilla, Coffee, Cinnamon and Guajillo Chili.
As the first artisan chocolate maker based in Vietnam, Marou is committed to finding a sustainable path forward for their cacao production. All beautifully wrapped in handmade paper, perfect for gifting. Come in and check out all of our Marou offerings!