Chocolates & Sweets at Next Door
Products We're Featuring
Emily’s Valentine’s Day Picks
Make your Valentine swoon with a loving assortment of chocolates. Our truffle case is a treasure trove of confections. Visit us in the Next Door Chocolate Corner to craft a cupid-worthy dreambox.
Our seasonal favorites include:
- Sweet Gem’s Champagne Hearts filled with chocolate ganache drunk on Mawby’s Blanc de Blanc with an added splash of cognac.
- Chocolate in Chelsea’s Balsamic Strawberry starts with a layer of jammy strawberry, topped with dark chocolate ganache, and finished with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Grocer’s Daughter’s Honey Caramel Hearts are made of dark chocolate filled with honey caramel, sprinkled w/smoked sea salt.
- Chocolat Moderne’s Heart Collections feature an array of hand-painted hearts filled with decadent flavors encased in dark, milk or white chocolates.
These seasonal treats are limited in quantity. Pre-order yours today in the Next Door or call 663-3354. Available for pick-up 2/13 -2/14.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Plump ripe strawberries dipped in Michel Cluizel chocolate from France, adorned with your choice of white chocolate, toasted coconut or slivered almonds.
Box of 10 Truffles
Limited in supply; pre-order yours today in the Next Door or place an order here [link to square store sweets shop ] or call 663-3354.
Special chocolates from Detroit chocolatiers, BonBonBon. An assortment of Valentine and exclusive Zingerman’s flavors, all packaged in a quirky yet, elegantly simple gift box. The chocoholic in your life will lose their bon bons when you give them these.
Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory, Peanut Butter Crush
We have a crush on this bar made of tiny bits of crunchy, buttery caramelized sugar mixed with rich peanut butter and doused in dark chocolate. Available in a box of 12 bite-sized bars, perfect for giving to the apple of your eye.
Rabitos Royale, Chocolate Dipped Figs
Treat your sweetie to this blissful box of chocolates containing tender, luscious figs from Spain filled with soft chocolate truffle cream & a hint of liqueur and then dipped in dark chocolate. Their rich full-bodied flavor pair beautifully with a creamy cheese and a bold red wine.
Francois Pralus, Chocolate Pyramid
Have a romantic chocolate tasting for two! This set of chocolate from around the world, offers an exotic, chocolate-y vacation. Each bar is a consistent 75% cacao, illustrating how bean variety & origin, not just percentage, play a big role in developing flavor. Taste your way from toasty espresso Ecuador to red raspberry Madagascar. Now all you need is a bottle of wine!
Cozy up with a hot, steamy mug of drinking chocolate.
This decadent chocolate quickly became one of our favorite hot cocoas here in the Next Door. Made special for us, Barbara Wilson at Mindo Chocolate concocted a decadent 77% dark drinking chocolate which is delicately floral, has a nice acidity and a pleasant lingering finish. A flavorful and well balanced hot chocolate.
A new cocoa to our shelves made in small batches in Detroit by inventive entrepreneur, Avida Johnson. A comforting, rich and frothy dark chocolate beverage blended with peanut buttery goodness. It’s like drinking a sophisticated peanut butter cup – packed with flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
Chocolat Moderne, Cocoa Casbah Hot Cocoa
The entire suite features Valrhona chocolate, with cacao contents in excess of 70%. Add a bit of milk, and you’ve got a silky smooth potion on your hands. For the Purists, look no further than Midnight Oasis. For the Explorers, we have 3 options:
- Snake Charmer (A staff favorite! cocoa with cinnamon & anise; try it with a shot of ouzo for an “after hours” delight).
- Kama Sutra (cocoa, cardamom and clove blended with coconut oil).
- And the most popular Mayan Eyes, formulated especially for Zingerman’s (smoky chiles & warm spices with a spicy kick that will heat you up from head to toe!)
Yours in Chocolate,