- This event has passed.
STEEP: Flower Power Teas
Thursday, February 4, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm$8.00 – $20.00
The weather outside might be frightful but these flower power teas are so delightful! Stay at home and join us virtually for STEEP: An Exploration of Tea. This series of tastings (one offered each month) take a deep dives into a style or category of tea from our offerings at Zingerman’s Delicatessen and the Next Door Cafe. Join our Tea Buyer Jackson as he shares the history of each tea, its production style, the terroir, the harvest, and anything else that makes it special. While you learn you’ll also taste at least two steepings or preparations (sometimes more) of each tea to illuminate how the flavor can evolve. No matter your level of expertise you’re sure to learn something. You may even find a new favorite!
This month, we will be talking all about flower power teas–a few of our favorites that are made with flowers. We’ll be tasting Zingerman’s Jasmine Silver Needle, Zingerman’s Pu-Erh Tuo Cha with Chrysanthemum, and Rishi White Tea Rose Mélange. You’ll brew and taste these teas while Jackson leads you through what to look for in flowery teas and how to brew them for the best cup.
YOUR $20 EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- Zoom meeting link
- A tasting kit with enough for 1 person that includes 3-4 teas and a piece of tea cake (additional kits can be added to your ticket for $10)
- A handout with all the information you’ll need to brew the flower power teas fo the tasting
- An evening of learning and great conversation with Deli Tea Buyer Jackson Konwinski
- A 20% off coupon to use at our online at zcob.me/deligrocery after the tasting
MULTIPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR TASTING KIT:
- Pick up at the Deli (FREE)
- Ann Arbor Delivery ($8)
- 2 Day Shipping ($19) must place order by Sunday 1/31 for shipping
- The Zoom link will be mailed to you at least 2 days before the event
- Your tasting kits will be ready for pickup or delivery the day before the event. You will be emailed with more specific information.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]