Deli on Demand: Paella with Chef Rodger
Sunday, October 31, 2021$5.00 – $90
A Paella Party on demand! Purchase a video cooking demo or add a paella kit with all the fixings for a lush pan of paella and follow along as Chef Rodger walks you through the steps.
Chef and Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Delicatessen, Rodger Bowser, is passionate about paella. In Rodger’s own words: “The thing about paella is that, although it’s one of the most recognized elements of traditional Spanish cooking, not enough folks in the United States have had a good one. Which bums me out because the truth of the matter is that, done well, it’s really pretty easy to make, and marvelously delicious to eat. My challenge is to help get you past the inevitable fear of the unknown, and, by explaining some simple keys, get people like you and me to make paella a regular part of our repertoires. This isn’t just lip service. I’m convinced that good paella is worthy of entry into our regular routines. No, not something you whip up for the kids at a moment’s notice. But still, a dish you could make on a weekend, for a football crowd or a family get together.”
In this video, Rodger will take you through the history, the importance of the ingredients, potential variations, and answer the burning question, “Do I really need a paella pan?”
This video on demand option is good anytime between now and October 31st!
YOUR $5 TICKET INCLUDES:
- A link to a video download of Chef Rodger’s paella demo – unlimited views!
YOUR $90 TICKET INCLUDES:
- Video link
- Our Medium Paella Kit. Kit includes 14” paella pan, Bomba rice, Pimenton de La Vera, saffron, recipe book, wooden spoon and a fantastic Spanish olive oil. Serves 3-4 people.
SHOP OUR ONLINE STORE FOR OTHER OPTIONS AND INGREDIENTS:
Upgrade to a Large Paella Kit, add some housemade chicken broth, tinned seafood or chorizo.
MULTIPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR PAELLA KIT:
- Pick up at the Deli (FREE)
- Ann Arbor Delivery ($8)
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive an email with the video link to download.
- If your order includes a paella kit, please let us know the date for pickup or delivery
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]