Ruffage Cookbook Tour
A homecoming event for the ages! For one night only, Chef and Zingerman’s Deli alumna, Abra Berens will be back at her old stomping grounds for a dinner to celebrate her freshly-authored tome, Ruffage: A Practical Guide to Vegetables. Back together again in the kitchen, she’ll be joined by Deli Managing Partner Chef Rodger Bowser, for an evening to harken back to old-school Deli Days. We’re so excited to hear stories of her culinary journey and dine on dishes pulled straight from the cookbook, which just hit The New York Times’ 12 Best Cookbooks of Spring 2019! Don’t worry, omnivores, meat will be on the menu, too.
• • • MENU • • •
- Hand-picked Asparagus, Shiitake Mushroom and Gruyère Cheese Galette
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Toasts
- Fresh Radish and Smoked White Fish Bagna Cauda
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette and Vella Dry Jack Cheese
- Cauliflower Purée and Seared Pork Cutlets
- Mustard Braised Potatoes and Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Carrots with Spicy Apricot Jam, Mint and Almonds
- Panzanella Salad with Morel Mushrooms, Ramps, and Farm Bread
- Zingerman’s Bakehouse 24 Carrot Cake with Toasted Walnuts
“Zingermans will always be home, in a lot of ways…this dinner is a representation of my food community on a plate.”
– Abra Berens
*Pre-order your copy of Abra’s Cookbook with the event ticket for a discount. Books will also be available for purchase at the event.