A Flavorful Experience—In-Person or Virtual
Connect with your group, wherever they might be
- Recruiting Events: Give your prospective students or employees an unforgettable introduction to Ann Arbor with a guided tasting of the best of Zingerman’s Deli.
- Team Building: Noshing your way through our favorite foods is more fun than a trust fall (and more memorable, too).
- Holiday Celebrations: Add some zest to your festivities with friends and family with a sampling of foods we’re thankful for, Jewish classics, or a collection of confectionery.
- Friends’ Night Out (or In!): Switch up your standard plans and say hello to the most fun you’ve ever had learning something new. Think a risotto cook-along, a tea and chocolate tasting, or a cheese and cocktails* pairing party. (*Special rules apply to events with alcohol. Scroll on down for the fine print!)
- Birthday Parties: Build-your-own gelato sundaes and toast and jam taste-testing are kid-friendly themes, but there’s no age limit on celebrations!
- Group Gatherings: Maybe your book group wants to change things up, your Scout pack is into food, or your soccer team wants to celebrate the end of the season. Whatever your crowd is into, we can create a custom tasting experience that’s just right for your crew.
A Taste of What We Can Do
We’re excited to work with you to create a unique tasting experience with Zingerman’s experts—you pretty much have your pick from anything we sell or make! Chocolate, olive oil, cheese, tea, Reubens–whatever food or topics appeal to you and your group.
Here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
Deli Counter Delights
Taste your way through some of the classics of our Deli cheese and/or meat offerings plus our favorite accompaniments! You will enjoy a guided tasting of these products led by one of our Deli staff members who will share information about the history and sources of our featured tastes.
Take a deep dive into the history and variety of one single topic. Cheese, vinegar, chocolate, tea, olive oil–you will become an expert! Your host will be one of our in-house product experts who will delight you with facts, stories, and our favorite choices.
Chocolate and tea. Cheese and cocktails. Olive oil and pasta. We pair up some of our favorite ingredients and explore what works well together and why. You will walk away with newfound knowledge and the confidence to wow your friends and family the next time you entertain.
Virtual Hands-On Cooking Classes
Topics include risotto, mac n’ cheese, vinaigrettes, paella, mozzarella-making, and our signature Reuben sandwiches! We provide a kit for each participant with most of the ingredients that will be needed for the finished creation. You will need access to a stove/burner and kitchen staples like water, salt, and pepper.
We will work with you to tailor the event to your budget! That said, all our private events have a minimum cost of $300. Pricing includes staff time and food and generally starts around $30-40/person but will vary based on the type of products and number of foods being tasted.
Tailored to You
We work with you to customize your entire experience. With the entire Deli at your disposal, there are nearly endless options for tastings and we can easily accommodate food allergies. Event lengths vary and can include plenty of time for questions and conversation.
Save the Date
The sooner you let us know about your event, the better—and the more likely you’ll be able to secure your ideal day and time. If you have a fabulous idea for a last-minute bash, it doesn’t hurt to ask, but we generally request getting in touch with us a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of your preferred date.
Your Place or Ours?
Bring people together in person or online. We’ll help you create a custom experience in the comfort of your own home, office, or anywhere!
- We can host your group at one of our spaces
- Our Deli food experts can come to you in the Ann Arbor or metro Detroit area for a private, guided tasting of the best the Deli offers. Offsite events will include a staffing charge of $100 per staff member, most events will require 2 or 3 staff members.
- OR we can ship the goodies anywhere in the U.S. and gather with you online, so your virtual event can connect folks around the country.
- Note that special rules apply around alcohol. Unfortunately, we cannot ship alcohol. We can offer alcoholic beverage pickup at the Deli for events that will be held in your space. We can host events that will serve alcoholic beverages at our downtown venue, Greyline, depending on availability. We can also ship cocktail kits that will include all of the mixers, so the only item that will need to be provided is the alcohol.