Cajun Spices Recipe: Sylviane’s Blackened Vegetables
A favorite recipe for Cajun spices! Delicious, dark-roasted vegetables, crisped to perfection. The natural sugars of the fresh produce and letting it “sweat” in the salted spice blend for 2 hours prior to roasting, creates a dark crust that’s impossible to resist.
Recipe courtesy of Épices de Cru
- 1 bunch of small, fresh carrots with leaves
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 Tbsp Cajun blackening spices, ground
- 1 Tbsp Onsa’s olive oil
- Clean carrots well without peeling them. Cut fennel and parsnip into pieces the size of the carrots.
- Put vegetables in a bowl with cajun spices and oil. Mix, making sure to cover the vegetables evenly. Let rest for 2 hours before placing on a baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook for 30 minutes before turning vegetables. Check every 10 minutes to ensure that vegetables are caramelized to your liking as cooking time may vary.