From our friends at Épices de Cru!
This easy dish is like a chicken cacciatore interpreted by another culinary tradition.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 Tbsp ghee or mixture butter and
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small bouquet chopped coriander
- 3 Tbsp Yupanqui black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp green cardamom
- Salt, to taste
- Remove skin and excess fat from chicken pieces.
- Wash chicken under running water.
- Drain and blot dry with paper towel. Place in a bowl.
- Grind the black pepper, coriander, cumin and cardamom.
- Add to the chicken with the salt and be sure to cover evenly.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add ghee.
- Brown chicken on all sides, turning regularly (10 to 15 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes and coriander. Salt.
- Cover and let simmer until chicken is cooked and cooking juices have been well reduced.