Spice of the Month Recipe: Carrot Potage
From our friends at Épices de Cru!
This soup is velvety and delicious, all thanks to our 1642 soup blend. Best with parsley or cilantro.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp 1642 Soup Blend, ground
- 10 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 liters water or stock
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pot on medium and sauté onions in butter for around 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop potatoes and carrots into large pieces. Add to pot with spices.
- Add stock and salt if necessary. Cook for around 35 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Blend soup in a food processor or blender until creamy. Add more stock or water if soup is too thick.